European Historical Tours
Seeing the Wider World
Since 2006 we have been running International History Tours for our Senior Students as a way of bringing history to life.
- Over the years, our students have stood under the Eiffel Tower.
- We have stared in awe at Gaudí’s Sagrada Família.
- We have stood in respectful silence beside the ruined gas chambers in Auschwitz.
- We have looked down on Pompeii from the very top of Mount Vesuvius.
- We have traced the lines where the wall came down in Berlin.
- We have stared at the wonder of Michelangelo’s ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and fought imaginary battles with the gladiators in the Colosseum.
- In 2017, we explored Munich and Nuremberg as the birth place of Nazism.
We got to visit the city’s main square, Marienplatz, a visit to Dachau Concentration Camp, the first of the Nazi concentration camps, the Munich Olympic Stadium and BMW hub. We also visited the Museum of Fascination and Terror, and the War Crimes Memorial Museum.
- A visit to the world-renowned Allianz Arena Stadium was definitely a high point, especially for the Chelsea fans! Walking through the player’s tunnel with the Champions League music playing in the background was an incredible feeling, one which will never leave us.
Many magnificent memories had been created which will last a lifetime.
Where to next?
2018…Iceland. Home of the Vikings and their early democracy.
And then? Who knows. There’s a world of history to discover!